1. Become the type of person you want to become friends with.
2. Smile and be friendly, but not too friendly.
3. Get people to talk about themselves, and listen while they talking. Comment on what they say and ask questions. Be sincere in your conversation with them
4. Remember what they tell you and be prepared to ask them about that situation when you see them again.
5. Go places and do lots of different activities. This is how you meet lots of different people.
6. Invite people to stuff. Invite friends to a sunset party at the beach or in the park. Provide the beer or wine-coolers
7. Be a good friend to get good friends.